Opening Statement/Job Overview
Gloucester Brewing Company is a microbrewery and taproom located on beautiful Main Street in Gloucester County, VA. This is a highly desirable position in a unique atmosphere. The ideal candidate is someone who is “ready to work”, trustworthy, and willing to be responsible for ensuring all aspects of running the front of the house are completed and up to expectations. Gloucester Brewing Company has been serving great beer in our community for almost three years and we are grateful to have a strong community following. Looking for that special person to join our “brew fam.”
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing and managing all taproom operations.
- Step in as necessary to lead and assist staff as necessary during busy, peak times.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all Taproom patrons.
- Be an ambassador for Gloucester Brewing Company and create a welcoming environment for our customers. You are the face of the brewery when people visit.
- Maintain a positive and friendly work environment for all Taproom employees.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the Tap Room, cooler, draft lines, and all surrounding areas.
- Ensure staff are maintaining a clean workspace, bar, bathrooms, and tables before, during, and after hours of operation.
- Ensure the staff has a deep knowledge of all the beers on tap, ingredients used, and styles on draft.
- Conduct monthly team building meetings with taproom employees to ensure ongoing service/beer training.
- Make sure all staff are pouring/serving beer in the appropriate manner for the style.
- Scheduling, training, and discipline of Tap Room staff
- Maintain inventory: cans, crowlers (and lids and labels), glassware, merchandise, non-alcoholic beverages, snacks, etc.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all Taproom products.
- Complete weekly and monthly inventory tasks for production team
- Staffing the Tap Room appropriately, minimizing waste, and making sure staff are fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Quality Control. Taste beer taps as needed to assure the highest quality is maintained (look, smell, taste).
- Keep abreast of the evolution of the Craft beer industry.
- Work with management to creatively promote new beers & events.
- Ensure all new beers are correctly listed on the brewery tap digital menu.
- Resolve guest issues with patience, sensitivity, and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 or older with a valid driver’s license.
- Available to work afternoons/evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Provide proof of or complete VA ABC Manager’s Alcohol Responsibility Training (MART) prior to start date.
- Obtain Cicerone Level 1 Certification within first 90 days.
- Ability to lift 35-50 lbs. and ability to move full kegs (165lb).
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Self-motivated with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Demonstrates grace under pressure.
- Basic knowledge of draft systems, maintenance, and troubleshooting (preferred).
- One year of experience in the craft beer industry (preferred).
- Previous hospitality management experience (preferred).
- Experience with tablet-based Point of Sale system.
Compensation & Benefits
- Full time
- Salary based on experience
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts