The problem of translating raw hop aroma to finished beer aroma has been a brewing pinch point for years. Utilizing lab analysis from GC-QTOF and GC-SCD while merging sensory analysis, Yakima Chief Hops has identified several beer soluble hop compounds. This research allows brewers to utilize hops for increased and targeted aromas in finished beers in the most cost-efficient way.
Actionable takeaways/Learning Objectives:
- A description of the research conducted and its culmination into a graph of survivable (beer soluble) compounds by variety
- An in-depth look at each of the survivable compounds identified
- Methods for using beer soluble hop compound research to design efficient recipes
- Targeted expression blends and how they manifest in beers
- Attendees will receive a digital reference manual detailing the research and a digital poster showing beer soluble hop compounds by variety.
Presented by Jim Lambert & Ashleigh Hayden, Yakima Chief