HELIOTROPE BREWERY MANAGER: We offer competitive pay, paid time off, and discounts on beer/food/apparel.
JOB DESCRIPTION: As the taproom/restaurant manager, you are the force that drives the front and back of house staff to excel. You are energetic, capable of performing every task in the restaurant, and willing to pitch in wherever you are needed. You lead by example and are committed to developing your team and training them to perform at the highest level. You are passionate about creating a warm and welcoming environment for our guests, and you are constantly finding new ways to improve on what we do. You are great at multi-tasking, and you love the challenge of performing in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment. You are detail-oriented, making sure the safe audits and inventory are accurate. Oversee and manage all areas of the kitchen and bar and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service. You enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen, bar, and dining areas. You are responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food and beer preparation and service and maintaining a professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Working with owners in hiring and managing all taproom staff
- Create weekly schedules
- Facilitate staff training
- Coordinate with brewery staff to educate staff and work with brewer to introduce new beers
- Stay current on industry trends and identify opportunities for marketing and promotion and participating in content collection for social media
- Monitor food and labor costs, implementing processes to maximize efficiency and minimize waste
- Track and manage inventory
- Communicate with management about financials, operations, and challenges
- Participate with owners in review of daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports and financials
- Participate with chef and owners to facilitate menu changes
- Ensure restaurant cleanliness and safety standards are met
- Coordinate with vendors for maintenance and servicing of equipment
- Ensure building and grounds are maintained as needed
- Create a warm and welcome environment for guests
- Resolve customer concerns and complaints
- Plan, book, and assist with special events in the taproom
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents
- Keeps owners fully informed.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability, and outgoing
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Pleasant, polite manner and the ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to challenges
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with a diverse staff.
- At least 21 years of age
- A college degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable but not required. A combination of practical experience and education plus a high school diploma or GED will be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (Mac-based systems, Arryved POS, Google Doc and Excel spreadsheet knowledge desirable.)
- One-two years of restaurant management experience is desirable but not required.
- Available to work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays, as well as work weeks ranging from 40 – 45 hours.
- Able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background check.
- Must be ServSafe and Ciccerone certified or obtain certification (paid for by the brewery) in the first year of employment.
Contact Heliotrope Brewery at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in applying!